Fifty-one voting members arrived at the Outagamie County Caucus on February 2, 2013. One contested election occurred, while three constitutional positions went uncontested.
Barb Bieber was re-elected as Chairwoman of the County. Barb received 29 votes to challenger Howard Miller, who received 19 votes. A great thanks is owed to Howard Miller, a highly respected businessman and entrepreneur who was nominated for the position.
Challenger Roger Trovato will be Barb’s Vice-Chair. Former vice-chair, Ed Perkins, did not seek re-election. Ron Tusler, your author, was nominated for the position, but respectfully declined. Thus, Mr. Trovato received the position without opposition. Congratulations Mr. Trovato!
Next, Roger Glenn and Carl Soderberg will remain Secretary and Treasurer, respectively. Mr. Glenn gave an eloquent speech regarding our party’s need to work together to defeat our common opponents.
The Executive Committee will be chosen by the constitutional officers in the very near future.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT THERE IS HEREBY CALLED, A COUNTY CAUCUS ON FEBRUARY 2, 2013, pursuant to Article VII of the Constitution of the Outagamie County Republican Party,(hereafter OCRP) to be held at 5355 Scroth Lane, Appleton, WI 54913, commencing at 9:30 a.m. for the transaction of the following business: (Please park in the back of the building and use the rear door which leads directly into the meeting room).
1. To promulgate the adopt of the reports of the OCRP Chair and Treasurer.
2. To promulgate and adopt the report of the Credentials Committee.
3. To adopt resolutions addressing issues not currently addressed in present/standing resolutions. As such this notice is the formal call to the OCRP members for the submission of resolutions to the OCRP Caucus. Any proposed resolutions not herein specified, should be submitted to Michael Stouffer, PO Box 304, Little Chute, WI 54140 or to GOP2012@michaelstouffer.com OR Brian Garrow at email@example.com. Any proposed resolutions will be edited for clarity, checked for similarity to other standing resolutions and will be available for review on the OCRP web site, www.ogop.org no later than 5:00 p.m. Friday, January 25, 2013.
A maximum of thirty (30) minutes will be set aside during the caucus for the discussion of resolutions not previously submitted to the Resolutions Chairman. However, the Chair need not accept any such resolution if in his judgment, it is illegible, there are not sufficient copies (30) to allowed informed consideration by the caucus, it is frivolous, the topic has already been addressed by a resolution previously presented to the Resolutions of the Republican Party of Wisconsin or the resolution contains assertions, assumptions or statements of fact that must have been verified prior to discussion by the caucus.
4. To review and accept a list of delegates to serve at the 20113 8th Congressional District Caucus on March 2, 2013 and the 2013 Republican Party State Convention beginning on May 3, 2013. Such list consists of members of the OCRP in good standing (membership dues paid prior to January 1, 2013).
5. To election four constitutional officers as submitted by the Nominations Committee and appoint such committee chairs as the Nomination Committee presents.
6. To transact any other business that maybe necessary to obtain the objectives of the Republican Party of Wisconsin, the Republican Party of the 8th Congressional District, and the Outagamie County Republican Party.
9:15 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:30 a.m. Call to Order
11:00 a.m. Adjourn
Please direct any questions or comments to:
Barbara Bieber, Chair
Outagamie County Republican Party (OCRP)
PO Box 1854
Appleton, WI 54912-1854
920-730-3933 (OCRP Office)
920-996-9437 (BB Home)
Outagamie County Matters! In some very close elections, Outagamie County voters came to the voting booths on Nov. 6, 2012 and found a way to get our Republicans into Office. Now, its time to reap our reward.
Our assemblymen have made our votes heard throughout the state. The following is a list of our county members and their respective seats in our state’s subcommittees. For a complete list, please see http://legis.wisconsin.gov/assembly/vos/pressreleases/Pages/Speaker-elect%20Vos%20Announces%20Committee%20Members.aspx.
Dave Murphy – Vice Chair of Colleges & Universities. Member of Board – Constitution & Ethics, Housing & Real Estate, Insurance, and Urban & Local Affairs.
Dean Kaufert – Chair of Tourism. Member of Board – JCRAR, Financial Institutions, Small Business Development, Transportation.
Jim Steineke – Member of Board – Natural Resources & Sporting Heritage.
Al Ott – Chair of Natural Resources & Sporting Heritage, Judiciary. Member of Board -Agriculture, Consumer Protection, Criminal Justice, Constitution & Ethics, Gov’t Operations & State Licensing, Transportation, Tourism, Urban & Local Affairs, Veterans.
Finally, our state senators sub-committee’s can be found at Fitzgerald’s Committees.
While Nov. 6th was a disappointment on the federal level, Wisconsin still has one great hope, Scott Walker & his Congress. Candidate Rick Gudex successfully routed liberal Jessica King out of the State Senate, helping Republicans regain the Senate.
Further, Congressman Reid Ribble easily defeated his challenger, Jamie Wall. Reid Ribble continues to stand as a model for strong Republican leadership. Ribble and other Republican congressman helped maintain control of the U.S. House of Representatives.
Congratulations Sen. Gudex & US Congressman Reid Ribble, lone bright-lights on a rather dreary night.
By: Paul Ryan
Mitt and I are looking forward to celebrating a Republican victory with our family, friends and campaign team on Election Night. For a few more hours, you can enter for a chance to join us in Boston for the party.
We’re even covering airfare and accommodations for the lucky winner and his or her guest — so don’t miss out. It will be a lot of fun!
Don’t delay — contribute $5 or more by 11:59 PM tonight to be automatically entered for your chance to win.